We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tailspin of Change

Never let your guard down in the quest of a strong team. Just because you're not hiring, doesn't mean you shouldn't always be looking for good people. Things happen. Unexpected things that are out of our control. I don't think I let my guard down, but I did get a little too comfortable. I felt like my entire territory was covered by designated reps, and tasks were not slipping through the cracks. Of course, we can always use improvement, but simply having capable manpower is an achievement in itself.

This weekend one of my teammates had to resign. Completely unexpected, and completely out of anyone's control......just one of those things that doesn't work out as planned. Losing a quality person is tough. The tailspin that it sends the territory in is far worse. I spent the day calling sales candidates and booking last minute travel arrangements, which tends to derail the tasks of the week.

I look forward to these challenges in my job, but they are challenges nonetheless. They serve as reminders that just when we think things are cruising along, get ready for the next curveball. Don't be prepared to be on your A game........just stay on your A game. Don't let your guard down, don't get too comfortable, and don't assume things will go as planned. Be looking for your next challenge......perhaps you can beat it before it knocks you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment