We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Loyalty

I am a loyal customer to American Airlines, to a fault.  The relationship, as impersonal as it may be, is an important one to me.  It means that I can get to the airport a little closer to "door closing" time than recommended.  I will have a preferred seat, and they will not leave without me..........unless I take advantage of that notion of course.  They know me, and they do their best to accommodate my needs............and they make my traveling life easier.

Today was a crazy day of travel.  3 airplanes, none of which were on AA.  This created some discomfort that I have grown unaccustomed to.  Get there plenty of time ahead of departure, secure a seat, fight through the cattle-call.  I'm a spoiled traveler for sure, but these perks have made weekly travel less of a burden, and play a key role in my productivity.

This is just a small example of the perks of loyalty.  When you know that someone has your back, as long as you don't take advantage of it, you are able to get more things done without worrying about some of the little things.  The give/take relationship that breeds loyalty does not come without sacrifice.  You go out of your way, pay more, tolerate more, defend, and promote growth with those that you are loyal to.  They do the same for you in return.  Without these relationships, we begin every task from scratch, without the network of resources available to get the job done more efficiently.  These relationships are necessary for you to reach your full potential.  Recognize your loyal partners, and don't take them for granted.

**I have only good things to say about US Airways, after spending 2 flights with them this morning.  Southwest on the other hand, is by no means my favorite.  I did learn that if you ever need to spend extended time in an airport, Sacramento is not a bad place to be.  They have a very nice wine bar, of which I've never seen anything similar in other airports.

No comments:

Post a Comment