We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reputation

I was just going through the security line at the airport and overheard the following conversation:

- traveling man- says to a guy traveling in scrubs, obviously in the medical field.......hey, my son works for such and such medical equipment, have you ever heard of them?

- man in scrubs- heard of them? I've been in this industry for 20+ years and never heard a negative word spoken about that company. They are the most well known in the industry. Your son works for a great company.

I'm standing in awe at this guys response. This guy is obviously a buyer and user of this product, speaking unsolicited accolades. I wanted to buy this product myself, and I don't even know what it was.

How do you achieve this type of reputation? I don't know, but I now have a tangible goal of the reputation that I now want to achieve. Can you imagine working for one of this companies competitors? How do you compete with that? I guarantee every salesperson working for the competition wants to land a job with that company. It may take my entire career to build this type of reputation, but with that goal in mind........I will get there.

**dude in the scrubs lost a little credibility when he showed us all his fancy trick of kicking his shoes in the air and catching them before placing them on the conveyor belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment