We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year - Recharged

I don't formally make New Years resolutions, but I do love the opportunity to recharge and refocus.  I try to find any excuse during the year to take a step back and evaluate myself, and determine some changes that I can make to improve.  Sometimes these changes are behavioral, sometimes re-prioritizing time, and sometimes better utilizing resources.  There are so many things that I can do better as a husband, father, employee, manager, and salesperson.  Improvement first starts with a change of attitude.  As the year wears on, patience and positivity grows thin.  Positivity breeds positivity, which breeds success and a healthy working environment.  This attitude starts at the top, and reflects throughout the entire team.........it's contagious.

If I were to make a resolution this year, it would be to keep myself in check.  Don't take things too seriously, don't vent frustrations on others, show patience to those giving diligent effort, lead with positivity.  This blog is one exercise that I hope to keep myself in check.  I hope that by sharing in these experiences, and hearing from others, it will help keep everything in perspective.

The new year starts today, and everything else can be forgotten............the good and the bad.  Take advantage of this time, after all, it only comes once a year.

Sell Something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment