We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Be Well to Do Well

The message I heard at church yesterday dealt with starting over during the new year, fittingly.  The sentence that caught my attention was when the Pastor said "you must be well before you can do well."

This got my mind spinning into all of the various areas that we need wellness in our life:  emotional, physical, self-confidence, relationships, moral, pride, esteem............the list can go on and on.  If I want to do well in sales (or anything else) I need to be well in the other aspects of my life.  To get more specific, there are many things that I do to improve myself as a professional.........read books, attend seminars, research best-practices, etc...  But what I'm hearing is that there are other things right at my fingertips that I can focus on improving, which will in-turn improve my career.  Not that I should stop reading and attending seminars, but improving other areas of my life might be the low-hanging-fruit of overall improvement.

We all know that eating well and exercising will increase your energy along with other aspects of life, and that's always an easy one to point to.  But what things that are less obvious can we be working on?  We need to get right with ourselves, and with the various aspects of our life, in order to reach our full potential.  For sure, we can do well in sales even if the rest of our life is a wreck.  But, I've got to believe that this success is not what it could be...........not even close.

So, I now have another avenue to concentrate on, in my desire to be a better professional.  Actually, a lot of avenues. 

**Unrelated note - there sure were a lot of people at the gym this morning, that I have never seen before.  I sure hope they're still there next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment