We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Do you know you're a Fake?

So we have the Super Bowl coming to Dallas in 2 weeks.  I have a guy sitting next to me in Starbucks brokering hotel rooms (at this very moment), selling people on the other end of the phone a bill of goods.  "Oh yeah, I can get you this 2-bedroom suite in Addison, it's kinda far from Arlington but hey, you're not gonna be hanging out in your hotel room anyway.  The going rate for this room is $499, but I can get it to you for about $200 if you can commit."  I know, all of this sounds fairly accurate, but if the person on the other end of the phone could see what I see...........they would hang up.  While he's talking, he's motioning to his buddy the universal sign for cash-money.  While he's dialing he's taking off his watch telling people how it's a $1,000 watch that he got for $400.  He's a fast-talker, which I always guard against anyways.  I can go on - but you get the point.

Do fake people know that you can see through them?  Does this guy know that if he just toned it down a bit, he may do better?  Does he know the perception he portrays?  Or, am I completely wrong?  Is this guy hugely successful, and is he living up to his full potential?  Not sure, but it's giving me the creeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment