We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Assume to Win

When it comes to positivity vs. negativity, I am a stickler to a fault. I simply cannot handle negativity. I could write for days about this subject, but I'll save that for another time.

A sub-behavior of this characterization is the way in which people assume. A positive person will generally have a benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty kind of attitude. A negative person, not so much.

My frustrations with negative people often stem from being on the receiving side of negative assumptions. For it to be assumed, that part of my master plan was always to create these negative affects. To assume, that stricter policies and procedures a direct result of us trying to bring them down. To assume, that because the economy is down, sales customers aren't buying. To assume, that if you heard it, it must be true.

We all know what assuming does. I think the best answer is to not assume, yes.......but assuming is a human character trait that it nearly impossible to escape. I believe you can somewhat control how you direct your assumptions. Think in the direction of positivity. Assume that I didn't mean for this to happen. Assume that anything is possible. Assume that everything will improve. Assume that you will will win.

In the end, assuming might not change the facts or the results, but it will create a more positive outlook on life, and a more positive glow in the environment around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment