We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Packing Hint

I take packing for trips seriously. I always carry on, and have become efficient whether packing for 1 day or 1 week. There are no extra clothes, there is no "just in case the weather gets bad" plan in my suitcase. Only exactly what I think it will take to get me through my trip.

On every trip, I have 1 pair of dress shoes and 1 pair of running shoes...........no more......no less. Size 12's take up a lot of space!!! Sure, this decreases the life of my shoes, but it's a small price to pay to save me from checking bags.

I made a crucial error on my trip this week. I took a brand new pair of dress shoes that I had never worn on my 3 day trip. I'm smarter than this. I know better. And, sure enough by then end of day 1........the blisters had arrived. The end of Day 2 was excruciating. And this morning, well let's just say I had a noticeable limp and was moving slowly. I won't make that mistake again.......for a while at least.

**. Yeah that's me. The guy sitting on the plane wearing running shoes with his suit!! What's up?

No comments:

Post a Comment