We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh How the Tides Turn

Tuesday afternoon I literally had to shut my phone off (OK the battery died) because I was tired of people telling me No.  Seriously, I had an array of back-to-back-to-back No's on Monday afternoon...........and I just needed to disconnect and recharge.  Wednesday morning came, and everything changed.  Some of Tuesday's No's turned into Maybe's..........some long-shot's turned into good-chances...........and several new opportunities came out of the woodworks.  5pm on Wednesday felt much different than 5pm on Tuesday.

This happens all the time, it always gets better.  So, why did I let 5pm on Monday drag me down so much?  Why can't I chill out and wait out the storm?  I wish I could.........actually I don't..........I'm glad I can't.  I think it's called passion.  The minute I start being OK with losing, is the time that I accept mediocrity, is the time I should no longer lead, is the time that I should hang it up.

So my personality and my mood for the evening are determined by what happens between 2pm and 5pm each day.  Though I never want the passion to fade, I have been working on improving the fact that I let it determine my mood outside of work.  My wife and kids deserve better.  So to disconnect, decompress, regroup, put things on hold for a few hours, and enjoy the important things...........is crucial.  Just don't lose the passion.

**I just learned that the Bumble Bee Tuna Salad with crackers (kit) found in the Marriott lobby marketplace, is perhaps the worst snack on earth.  20 minutes ago it seemed like the right dinner/snack choice..........not so much.

3 comments:

  1. John - love your blog but my favorite part is the stuff at the bottom - the random stuff about your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie!! I'm not generally great at "random'" but some things just can't be ignored. Glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete