We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Agenda

Almost every night that I spend in a hotel, the last thing I do before crashing is create an agenda the next morning.  I realize how crazy this sounds, and even more so, how crazy it looks.  It's a problem, I admit.  I am governed by this agenda when I wake up, and get nervous if I get off task.

My hotel rooms all look so similar, and when I wake up, it generally takes time to realize exactly what city I'm in.  Rather than trying to remember exactly what time I need to be on the road to start the day, I simply refer to this agenda that I made the night before.  It allows for one less thing to worry about.

Aside from just this strange exercise, I have allowed myself to be run by agendas.  They act as a checklist of tasks, combined with time management tools...............that help my productivity and drive me crazy at the same time.  I stress when I'm running behind, and I'm thrilled with the moments that I'm running ahead.  Do they make me more efficient and more productive.........or do they hinder me by not allowing me to vear and adjust as necessary?  One thing is for sure, I need to add relax/regroup/reevaluate to my agenda.

I see moments of OCD during my day, and I'm definitely a creature of habit.  The pre-planned guidelines of an agenda bring me a peace of mind.  I see myself driving others around me nutty by always thinking about the next event............even during weekend activities with the family.  Surely I can find a happy-medium where I stay on task while living in the moment.

** Hotel rooms with adjoining doors to strangers (locked) are one thing.  Adjoining balconies with no wall seperation crosses the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment