We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Multi-Tasking with Errors

Multi-tasking makes the world go round.  I'm pretty convinced that if I can perform more tasks than you at any given time, I will beat you.  I know this isn't the case if I'm making mistakes along the way while you are doing everything perfectly.  Sometimes, messy and quick still wins..........but I think I bank on that too often.

Yesterday I was hosting a conference call, answering an email, and sending a text all at the same time.  Later in the evening I came across the text I sent and was shocked at what the "auto-correct" function on my phone sent on my behalf.  Luckily, this time, it wasn't sent to a colleague or client.  It was shocking enough to make me realize I need to slow down and proof more often.

It also got me thinking that if I was negligent on the text, I probably was not on my A-game during the conference call or the email communication.  Sure, I got more done.  But, was it counter-productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment