We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Disappear and Produce

This an appropriate follow-up to my multi-tasking post from yesterday.  I do better when I'm running.  Of course I get a lot done on days when I'm in front of my computer all day........but my production/time ratio loses efficiency.  I get lost is a lull of going from project to answering incoming emails, back to the project, back to emails, etc...  I find myself staring at my computer looking for something to break the monotony and sparks some creativity.

Days when I can get 1-2 hours of quiet computer time, then attend meetings, back to the computer, back to meetings, and so-on.........are by far my most productive days.  Disappearing for an hour or two to get things done, mixed with colleague/client interaction in between........keeps the business metabolism constantly firing.  By keeping a general list of to-do's, along with an immediate list of to-do's following each meeting............and then crossing them off task by task during the downtime.............you are constantly working toward both short-term and long-term goals.  Prioritize projects, and be quick to adjust priorities.

Disappear, avoid distractions, and get things done.  Otherwise, the to-do list builds up and becomes discouraging to even look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment