We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wardrobe Edition #1

I've posted about my packing tendancies before, and the importance that I place on my packing efficiency.  Wardrobe issues overall are of huge importance for a traveling salesperson, so I'm starting a Wardrobe Edition to this blog, here's Edition #1:

When packing for a 3 day trip, what is the proper number of pants, sportcoats, ties to take?  First, in my mind these are the only items that bear discussion.  Shirts along with unmentionables must never be re-used......and on the flip-side, the same pair of shoes can be worn every day (keep in mind I'm striving for efficiency to carry on a suitcase rather than check it, and size 12 shoes take up a lot of room).  Here's my strategy:  For a 3 day business trip, you must have 2 sportcoats, 2 pants, and 3 ties.  If - you never see the same person on more than one of the days - you can get by with only 1 sportcoat and less than 3 ties.  You can never take less than 2 pants, and the only variance is to take 3 pants.  On the days you wear the same sportcoat, do not wear the same pants.  And when in doubt - it is possible to get 3 coats, 3 pants, and everything else into a carry-on.........it's just not pretty, and you definitely can't wiggle on the shoes.

**  Along the same line of Starbucks being my comfort-zone...........I'm sad to say that I get very excited when I find new efficient packing/wardrobe ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment