We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday Blessing

In past years I have taken a small portion of my birthday (day) just for myself.    I will normally turn my phone off for an hour or two (something I never do), grab a cup of coffee and a newspaper, and just relax.  It's perfect.  It even seems that I've been out of town on my birthday the last few years, which is fine............because I have still found time to relax.

Today was different, and I wasn't really looking forward to it.  Amy had to leave town for a funeral, which left me on Daddy duty.  Of course I didn't mind, especially during the circumstances you simply do what you need to do.  But, this wasn't the way that I would have chosen to spend my birthday.

Now that I successfully got all of the kids where they needed to go on time, to the right location, and received them back...........successfully............I suddenly realize that this is exactly what I wanted to be doing on my birthday.  I loved hanging out with the kids this morning and taking them to school.  My daughter presented me with a birthday card when I picked her up from school, and her and her teachers performed a rehearsed rendition of "happy birthday" to me.  It was a birthday present that I will not soon forget.

I received so many blessings today from the time with my kids, that I can say it's one of the best birthdays I've had.  It's amazing how these things can creep up on you when you least expect them.  There's no way that I could do the work that my wife does every day, but I think we all had fun with it today.

**  My 6-year old son telling me how to pack his lunch this morning was comical.  He was getting frustrated with me and tried to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment