We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Living Priorities

We all have our priorities, and I am not here to push my priorities onto you........only to illustrate an idea using my personal priorities. When I sit down and list the true priorities in my life, they are: My Christian faith, My Family, and My Job. But that's not how I typically live my day. In fact, I'm guessing that many people would get my priority list incorrect if they had to guess.....due to the fact that it's not how I live my typical day. My typical day is distributed like this: spend as much energy as possible on work related items, whatever is left goes to my family (with a small percentage to my friends and hobbies), and if there is anything left at all.......it goes towards my Christian Walk. Obviously this is not my goal, and not acceptable in my opinion. So how do I change? I've struggled with this for a few years, tried many different formulas, but have shown very few signs of long term improvement. Maybe I don't have to. Maybe I can combine, rather than change. Maybe I can just live in the hybrid of all three priorities. Can't I be a Christian Salesman who loves his Wife and Kids? There must be a way. Those things will get all of my energy, and anything left will be prioritized. Easier said than done? For sure, but only due to the fact that so many habits must be untrained and retrained.......not because it's unfeasible. I know it can be done, it's only a matter of whether or not I can stick with it and really do it. Living the priorities of life..........

No comments:

Post a Comment