We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year. Happy New Start. Happy New Mind.

I just read over a few of my posts from from last January, and I see that I had every intention of carrying positivity and resilience with me throughout the year.  Yet, the reason you didn't see any posts from me in the month of December is because I was simply running on empty.  I had nothing left in the tank, above and beyond what it took to get me through the end of the year.  Nothing extra. 

Looking back, I think I accomplished many of my goals, for 3/4 of the year..........then I went into strictly survival mode.  I don't make resolutions, but I do get refocused.  I want to refocus on endurance.  To do what I do more naturally, and consistently.  To not miss a beat, to not be off, and to not make excuses.

I believe this is actually a realistic goal.  Here's the hard part:  In order to accomplish this, I will have to place a higher priority on rest.  More sleep, more down time, and more preparation time is the key.  And right there, is one of my biggest weaknesses.  The "rest" is generally what gets sacrificed to get everything else done.  Now I can clearly see that though it gets done, it's not always work that I'm proud of.

Maybe I'll find better balance this year, and finish as strong in December as I start in January?  Maybe I'll find the key to endurance?  Maybe I'll continue in my normal ways and just try to fight through the fourth quarter?  It's going to be a fun 2012, a new adventure in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment