We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Overcoming Overwhelmed

It's been over a year since I last posted..........  And, the timing is now perfect.  My mind is right.  A clear mind to to encourage, to strategize, to share, to learn, to lead, and to follow.  In my last post "The State of Overwhelmed" I was entering the early phases of a season in my career (and life) that made these things blurry.  Thank you to my accountability partner Double-O for encouraging me to get back to the blog, I appreciate you.

Balance, Belief, & Unity - these are three areas (among others) that we must keep an eye on, and keep fine-tuned to manage and persevere through Overwhelmed.  For the sake of keeping this a short read, I'll only talk about balance here, and follow-up posts about belief and unity.

It's very cliche, but we must balance life and career...........but take it further.  Yes, balance the time and priority placed among the two.  But how about merging your person, personality, and values of "life" into your career?  One of the things that prohibits balance is we have trouble being our real self in the work place.  Of course I'm talking about our real self in a dressed up, professional, best manners version........but still real.  We train ourself that to balance means that we have to flip a switch from hard-charging sales guy to family man (or whatever fits you)...........switching from persona to persona. With this, balance means a major shift.  If we train ourselves to be real always, then the only switch we should flip during certain hours is our cell phone on and off..........period.  I'm learning, and on days that I succeed.........it's liberating.  I realize how exhausting changing personas can be.  The next step to that is that you'll realize that people want to do business with "real" people anyway..........and that you may have been limiting yourself in both roles all along.  This isn't a blog to focus on personal life, but it's amazing the positive impact that comes along outside of career from this merging of career and life.

Think about it.  Visualize it.  Practice it.  Merge YOU in life and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment