We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Be Successful Sooner

Yesterday I completed a conference that I attend each year, which is always lead by one of my favorite speakers, Mike Hajek.  One of the many things he said that got my mind racing was "Be Successful Sooner."

We're always planning, preparing, strategizing, developing............for the future..........and we should never stop doing that.  But being successful in the future does not do much for our concerns today.  We should always have a plan, but we shouldn't be satisfied with "having a plan."  I'm guilty of this.  If I can answer "No, I didn't achieve that yet, but I have a plan," I somehow feel that I've justified not accomplishing my task yet.  I'm buying time.

We need to hold ourselves and others more accountable on today's success.  Why are we putting it off?  Don't plan to plan today, plan to succeed today.

**  I'm extremely loyal to American Airlines, but what is up with every single flight having some sort of maintenance delay these days?  Every flight, it's getting irritating.   

No comments:

Post a Comment