We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's More Important than Sales?

There are not many days that go by that I don't think about sales, in some form or fashion, at some point during the day.  Whether it's specific to opportunties that I'm working on, what I have in the upcoming days, or what I can be doing to get better.  And, you won't find many posts on this blog that are non-sales related.

Family..........that's what's more important than sales.  And sometimes for a stubborn guy like me it takes something excessive to slap me in the face and open my eyes to this.  Earlier this week my 6-year old son was admitted into the hospital.  And for a day or so, it was fairly serious.  Wow!!  An eye opener.  Suddenly, work didn't matter, sales didn't matter, nothing mattered..........except for him.  It was a true stop-down, shut everything off, pray, and love.  There was nothing else.

Times like these bring you back to reality.  It exposes the lack of control to a control freak like me.  Helpless, with nothing but faith and doctors to rely on.  My family is so blessed to have the friends and support system to pull us through times like that, we were overwhelmed by the blessings.

Thank you to everyone for the prayers.  Jack is back to being Jack, happy, healthy and 100 miles per hour.

**  Airport celebrity spotting of the day:  Calvin Hill (again) and Joe Buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment