We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Natural

We all know the many characteristics that make a good sales person.  You don't have to be a natural in all of these characteristics to be successful.  You can learn and improve on some weaknesses, and hide other weaknesses by overcoming with your strengths.  The key is desire.  Without desire, your natural abilities don't matter.............and I would also say that with desire, your natural weaknesses don't matter.

Obviously sales people with more natural ability and desire have a shorter path to success than the rest.  You know these people when you come across them, and I love to observe them as often as I can.  These people don't have a choice of profession, they will always be in sales because that's what they're drawn to.  People love to buy from them, and they are always selling whether they know it or not.  They don't have to sell to make a living, they sell because they enjoy it and it comes very easy.

I'm always looking at salesmanship.  What do they do that I can learn from?  What can they change that would help them significantly?  How is the client responding?  How would I be responding if I were the client?  It's fun to watch.

**  I was running through a grocery store in Council Bluffs, IA yesterday when an elderly man waved me down to ask how to use the item in his hand............an onion cooker.  What the?  I have no idea, but tried to figure it out for him .  I was laughing because out of all the people in the store to ask, he chose the guy sprinting with a laptop in his hands running late (long story, but I needed wifi).

No comments:

Post a Comment