We are all salespeople in our own right. Some of us sell for a living, others sell/advocate on behalf of their passion. This blog is meant to share the trials, tribulations, victories, and lessons learned..............from one salesperson to another.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Red-Eye Adventure

So we're going to see how this one works, and we're going to see very soon. An unforeseen scheduling conflict has me flying on a red eye that departs from Los Angeles at 1:00am and arrives in Dallas at 6:00am.........just in time for a very important 9:30am presentation.

My objectives for the night are: fine-tune my presentation, sleep when I can, and strategically pump coffee so that I don't crash until approximately 11:00am tomorrow........in no particular order. Perhaps I'll be so wired that I will deliver my best presentation ever? Perhaps I'll win the project and develop a superstition that forces me to pull an all-nighter the night before every important presentation?

As miserable as I may be tomorrow afternoon, events like this are one of the many great things about sales. You just never know where the sales adventure will take you. When it comes time for the presentation, nobody will care how I got there, or what my previous 12 hours were like. They will only care to hear why they should buy from me. Now I just have to go win.

No comments:

Post a Comment